NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sun In White Light 10-11-2013. 10:15

Steve Ward

Well that's just typical , crystal clear skies greeted me this morning , accompanied by possibly the worst seeing this year ....  :mad:

Was planning a nice long close-up assault with the big Mak  ,  Fat chance ...  :p

Shot over 300 frames for the disc and struggled to find the 33 I stacked ....  :rolleyes:

P10-11-13_zps8a3b67d3.png

1000D + ED80Pro + ND3.8 + 1.8 x Barlow + OIII.

1/640s @ ISO 200 , 33/338 , Reg 5.1 , Gimp 2.8.

Day by day album . . . http://www.astrobin.com/users/steveward53/

Hmmm, I thought things looked okay during capture, but Autostakkert is not liking the closeups :eek: The capture kinda looks okay apart from things are jumping around a lot and I think the stacking software is having a very hard time lining things up. At least, that's how it seems to me. :confused:

I shoot with high-ish gamma so it's not the easiest to see fine detail but the stacked image looked okay and blurry as expected.

Any attempt to sharpen at all and it just falls apart :eek:  Basically unusable as far as I can see. One of my prime focus tiles looked ok, my closeups were about 4x barlow (I'll leave 5x to the crazy folks for now :p)

Steve, I am guessing you are excited about that new spot coming into view :laugh:  Super super disc in white light again, I had a very nice view during early lunch.

Did everyone struggle on Sunday? they looked OK on screen but don't process that well, at least I am not alone :)

Alexandra

Archived