NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astronomyforum.net Site Crippled?

jlmanatee

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday it said they were doing some site maintenance and will be back soon, today it seems to go to a default location.

Maybe the site maintenance didn't go so well.  If you try to access today there is a webmaster address you could E Mail if you want to find out what is going on, though I expect he's inundated with E Mails as well as the "maintenance" poor chap.

Carole

The last few times I have went to that site firefox crashed.   This was happening on both laptops and it wasn't a problem when visiting any other site.  I will be not be visiting that site again anytime soon.

Just visited using my iPad / safari browser and it's working fine

Though sadly Luigi remains.

Few things annoy me more than finding an answer to my question using Google only for an Italian plumber to tell me I need an account to read it.

Thank goodness for the google cache.

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone else having problems with the astronomyforum.net website? (I am using IE 10.0)

I use to be able to post to threads on the site before it went down, but now I cannot post anything to ANY thread. What's going on?

I also tried to contact the webmaster but the message bounced back undelivered...

Maybe I won't bother them anymore and stick to this site which works perfectly!

That's the same site that either sold their email list, or had their site software cracked wide open. The same site that when I informed them that their email list was being used to send spam, that I got perma-banned, for "supposed email problems".

I would not trust that site as far as I could throw it after their extremely cavalier attitude to the online safety of their users, and I cannot recommend that anyone sign up there unless you want your user details available across the net.

I signed up with an email address specific to that site, and then I started getting spam mails being sent to that email address. Given I had not used that email address anywhere else on the net, there's only one explanation and that was that the site leaked my details.

Archived