Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Star Trails: Camping in Maine

Joy Cove, Steuben Maine

A cool September evening in quiet Downeast Maine. The tide rolls out of the flats of Joy Cove with only the Illumination of the rising Moon and the camp fire. The stars of Sagittarius trail through the trees in this secluded campsite. The wife and kids tucked away in their sleeping bags while dad enjoys the warm campfire. You can perhaps just make this out with my back towards the camera. Ah, life in Maine.

Pentax Spotmatic II 35mm f/3.5 SMC Takumar @ f/5.6 - 15 minutes exposure on Kodak Elite Chrome 200. Cropped to 5:4 ratio

7952664494_5fc841882f_b.jpg

Camping in Maine by Nightfly Photography, on Flickr

How do you put up with it Jim? Life being so tough?? :grin:

Olly

PS, I just received a copy of our mutual hero's Photographic Atlas of Selected Regions Of the Milky Way in its budget reprinted form. Recommended. You could browse it by firelight...

It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it. Thanks Olly.

I did get an electronic copy (pdf) version of the second edition Photographic Atlas. It is a joy to read and view. I love reading Barnard's descriptions. Simply wonderful.

Archived