Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hubble Palette IC5070

fatwoul

Just as a little experiment, to see what was possible with the new scope in 1 hour. A bit of a vignette, but that's explained in my First Light Report ( http://stargazerslou...epsilon-180-ed/ )

Pelican_Hubble.jpg

x4 300s unbinned HA

x4 300s unbinned OIII

x4 300s unbinned SII

x10 flats in each filter

x41 1200s darks

Telescope: Takahashi Epsilon-180 ED

Camera: Atik 4000 Mono with EFW2

Mount: NEQ6

Guiding: Atik Titan on Altair 10x60 finderguider

A great set of images you've posted - all 3 of these are very impressive especially given the short exposure times. The Tak Episilon is a scope that I've not been aware of before, and I guess that will be the same for many other folks, so thanks for bringing this to our attention (although the price looks pretty scary!). Your "First Light" report is also excellent, very detailed and informative. Great work!

Thanks, fellow Devonians! Will either of you be attending NLO next weekend? If so, look forward to meeting you. ;-)

I'm not sure yet - I might do.

Catch you next time, Gina.

Hope so - be nice to meet you - I'm very pleased with the focal reducer :) Thank you :)

Edit - I dunno, the simplest post and I have to make a typo!!!

Thanks Zul and Olle_e - Yes, this setup is a keeper.

Likewise, Gina. Glad its getting some use. :-) I'll post photos of tomorrow if I remember to take any!

FR in in use at this very second running 3m ISO 800 subs of M8 and M20.

Archived