Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Transit Of Venus From The South Downs

Adrian

Got up at 3am to see a beautiful moon out of the window - It was still there when I set up at 4:15

IMG_4621a.jpg

The horizon, however, was cloudy and more came in.

I knew there was a clear patch coming though (met office satellite imagery) - it was just a race against time. Unfortunately 3rd contact came & went before the sun and the cloudline met:

IMG_4631c.jpg

IMG_4639c.jpg

IMG_4648c.jpg

IMG_4650c.jpg

IMG_4653c.jpg

Canon 350d, 200mm f3.5 M42 lens with 3x teleconverter (hence the soft focus effect ;)) on a CG5. I was just hitting the manual release whilst looking through the scope so exposure was all over the place (forgot to block the viewfinder :rolleyes:).

So glad I got up :grin:

Thanks Peeps. I am over the moon to have got anything... I knew it was worth trying though.

The cloud gods owed me a little, having been under cloud for the eclipse in 1999 and a little busy (& scopeless) in 2004.

Right! 5 January 2014 there's a transit of Earth... now we just have to get to Jupiter to see it :grin:

Archived