SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

spc900nc won't install

I open the zip file ,the driver program runs asks to install drivers then restarts computer,After restart nothing happens but I do have the icon for the camera in the tray.

I had a similar experience!! I hope the following makes sense:

Using control panel/device manager find, under Sound Video and Game controllers,"Philips SPC900NC PC Camera; Audio (microphone)" (I could not see the camera here - just the camera name plus "audio(microphone)". Right click on it. This brings up an options box containing "troubleshoot" as an option. Click and follow the logical sequence about install drivers already present on the computer. At some point you will see "Philips SPC900 Webcam now working pop up on the bottom right of the main screen (where it would appear on a normal plug-in of a new device). The troubleshooter will continue on regardless! Just cancel it. Your camera is now loaded and talking to the driver! If you go back to device manager you will now see "Philips SPC900NC PC Camera" AND "Philips SPC900NC PC Camera; Audio (microphone)" under the Sound Video and Game controllers.

Hope this helps!!

checked out the thread ,went with the steps outlined,a bit different as I am using XP,no box for USB drivers, when selecting from category under Sound and Video game devices no camera is listed or audio device from camera.

Go in to control panel and click add hardware. Plug in the sp900 and search for new hardware it should find new device connected and start search for driver either in the PC or on the web. Follow instructions and you should be OK.

I open the zip file ,the driver program runs asks to install drivers then restarts computer,After restart nothing happens but I do have the icon for the camera in the tray.

Did you extract the contents of the zip file into a new folder or did you run the setup exe file from within the zip file ?

Peter

If patience is a virtue, I guess I have no virtue.This is frustrating!Waited two weeks for delivery of camera.Built two mod boards while waiting and the darn thing won't work as is.Oh well,glad I checked it before cracking it open.Back to pulling the rest of my hair out! Maybe I'll lay on the grass tonight and stare at the stars for a couple of hours with a bottle of whiskey by my side.

Thanks for the help gentlemen,after many,many hours with Philips support the conclusion is that the problem is with the cameras hardware.Only recourse is to fight with vendor to get it replaced or refunded and as they have not responded to e-mails as yet,I expect no resolution anytime soon.Thanks again,regards.

Archived