Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Moon 11-4-11, and a big "Oops!"

Takahashi

Managed to snag about 23GBs of DMK data tonight, just out the front of my flats, as it looked quite still outside for a change. The first is a mosaic of 9 tiles. Both have had minimal post-processing, just slight sharpening & contrast enhancement :

Camera : DMK21 with Celestron #25 filter

Number of videos/tiles : 9

Resolution per tile: 640 x 480

Frame count per video : 3000

Exposure time per frame : approx 1/140th sec

Gain : minimum

Scope : WO FLT110

Moon%2011-4-11.jpg

...and the second, a higher magnification 24 tile job using the 2x Powermate, and a lesson in how to do it right. Which I didn't. Hence the missing data... ::)

Camera : DMK21 with Celestron #25 filter

Number of videos/tiles : 24

Resolution per tile : 640 x 480

Frame count per video : 2000

Exposure time per frame : approx 1/30th sec

Gain : minimum

Scope : WO FLT110 + 2x Powermate

Moon%20x2%20PM%2011-4-11%20%28missing%20data%29.jpg

Lesson learned... next time be more attentive. :p

Otherwise, I'm quite pleased how these turned out, considering I was 10 feet away from my living room. I've travelled much further and had worse seeing, so it was well worth the spur-of-the-moment session.

Heehee.. thanks fellas. It was soooo painful to see the completed image pop into view in MS ICE, and afterwards I had a wee check in the folder with the AVIs to make sure I hadn't somehow forgot to include a few. No such luck. What a diddy. :p

Maybe next time. :)

Archived