Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lunar Mosaic - 11 April

jgs001

Had a play on the moon last night with the RC

GSO 6"RC, QHY5v on HEQ5

12 Pane mosaic, 300 of 1000 frames per pane, stacked in AVIStack, merged in iMerge, tweaked in gimp

rcm12p3of10800.jpg

Click for full size

And then, I thought I'd try with the barlow... the conditions really weren't up to this... but...

5 panes

5pane.jpg

Thanks Guys..

Ivor, ICE often does a good job, but I've had it mess up too. iMerge is far more interactive, and you have to do all the positioning yourself, but it does a good job. It's also very handy for loading the AVI's in as you go along, to avoid missing bits.

It's also very handy for loading the AVI's in as you go along, to avoid missing bits.

Ah! That's what I hoped you'd say. :) Very handy. Do you know if it's capable of reading DMK (Y800?) codec'd AVIs?

I'm afraid I don't, but I'm prepared to try it for you, if you want to loan me the DMK :)...

Deal. Just send two weeks of 100% cloud-free weather this way, and it's yours for the duration.

:p

I tried loading a DMK vid into imerge last night, but nah. No workie. :p

Damn... nah, doesn't work. I kinda thought as much, as I do have the y800 codec on all my machines, and it wouldn't open them on any, now including the lappy it was cap'ed on. If anyone else has managed to open DMK (y800) vids in imerge, I'd be verrrrry interested to know how. :)

Archived