NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Stellarium lost pointer

I've downloaded Stellarium onto my daughter's laptop, Packard Bell EasyNote TM, running Windows 7.

The problem I've got is that the mouse pointer has disappeared which makes using it impossible. All the controls are working, you can click the pad or slider to zoom in or out but without a pointer you don't know what you're clicking on ! I can use F2 to bring the config menu up but then without the pointer I can't get to the navigation controls, very frustrating :D

Any ideas please ?

It's only Stellerium, load the program, pointer gone, close it down, pointers back. Must be a setting somewhere in Windows, pointer set to standard in control panel, maybe have a another play with it when I'm in the right mood. Stellarium is working OK on my desktop so its not as if I'm stuck without it.

It seems Stellarium can be quite picky when it comes to which graphics card & driver it will work with.

I had a problem with a previous version, where it would show all the menu's as fuzzy lines. I did a bit of research on this and it was an issue of compatability as I mentioned.

In the end the latest version solved this.

So it could be that, perhaps try updating the gfx driver on the laptop too?

Also Stellarium could just need a re-install?

HTH

Michael

SORTED YIPPEE !!!!!

Went on Stellarium support and searched no pointer ( should have tried this before but didn't realise the support was there ).

If anyone else has the same problem you need to go into windows control panel, -> mouse, -> pointers then disable pointer trails.

Thanks to everyone who replied, appreciated.

Archived