Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

April the 1st Telescope

glowjet

Planetary Alignment Decreases Gravity 01alignment.jpg1976: The British astronomer Patrick Moore announced on BBC Radio 2 that at 9:47 AM a once-in-a-lifetime astronomical event was going to occur that listeners could experience in their very own homes. The planet Pluto would pass behind Jupiter, temporarily causing a gravitational alignment that would counteract and lessen the Earth's own gravity. Moore told his listeners that if they jumped in the air at the exact moment that this planetary alignment occurred, they would experience a strange floating sensation. When 9:47 AM arrived, BBC2 began to receive hundreds of phone calls from listeners claiming to have felt the sensation. One woman even reported that she and her eleven friends had risen from their chairs and floated around the room.

The "ICE" objective was a good one. Being retired and therefore not having the faintest idea what the date was, I read on with interest. Halfway through I began to suspect there was a leg pull but I suppose I already was "had". I was no. 88, I see the tally is now over 400! :).

Archived