NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn: experimental colour development

budski

I've been literally playing around with Saturn's colouring to see what other detail I can force out from the usual RGB images plus some IR as well. I've included one such picture here and am working on another version which shows other details not shown on this one. Has anyone else noticed this effect and more importantly - is it real or a figment of Registax's/Photoshop's imagination?

post-18873-133877553054_thumb.jpg

Red will show the most detail, but at anything other than hi resolution most of the differences are likely contrast differences ( effects ) still if it brings more things to the fore why not, worth experinting for sure. its not really a figment of registaxs imagination. certain wavelengths showing subtle contrast brightness and detail effects i think

Hi Neil, like yourself I've realised that Saturn reveals more detail at the red end of the spectrum and more specifically at IR wavelengths where the polar regions are (naturally) quite dark. I'll post the other picture later on today which appears to show hot and cold patches across the Southern hemisphere.

Archived