Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

wilcox rotating rings

altec

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure you lads know this or have discovered it as you go along, but if you measure the circumference or the diameter to decide the lenngth of the hose clamp you need, and you dont have much spare length on the hose clamp front, you might come unstuck as the material you insert the hose clamps into or onto will add to the diameter/circumference

I'm sure you lads know this or have discovered it as you go along, but if you measure the circumference or the diameter to decide the lenngth of the hose clamp you need, and you dont have much spare length on the hose clamp front, you might come unstuck as the material you insert the hose clamps into or onto will add to the diameter/circumference

Good point, that's why I went for the Draper 3M kit - loads to spare. I've just ordered some M4 Cap bolts and need to get some suitable trunking from B&Q.. should have mine built by the weekend

Hi All just seen this thread,imho an easier option is to use the wooden rings that are used in embroidery,you can just trim the ends of the rings or move the fastners to get a custom fit,here is a link although other sizes are available it will give you an idea Adjustable Wood Elbesee Embroidery Rings will post a picture of my scope fitted with the rings later,

ATB

MIKE

Hi all

just a quick update on the on the wilson rings

i managed to get a 8''tube ring so i went the way astro baby's said and it works great

thanks to all for the help

and for mike a pic of the focusser

Archived