Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Light Tonight (Kinda)

Taffia1977

So Guys n Gals tonight im hoping to polar allign correctly for the 1st time. Im hoping to have a good few hours observing time any suggestions as to what i should check out 1st? Ive already seen M42 and Pleiades and the moon of course. Also seen a very blurry Juipeter with 3 of the moons. I got a 5" Reflector with x2 Barlow, 25mm and 10mm ep's. My View is restricted from the SE by a mountian, but clear and dark in all other directions. I got a EQ mount and am able to use it correctly via RA and Dec just need to know whats good viewing at the moment. I will be obsverving from 9pm onwards.

Cheers in advance :D

Ah well in typical fashion the night was a non event. It would seem that i left my red dot finder on and have drained the battery :D I did get a nice view of Pleaides again but it was little consolation.

Better luck next time hey..

Ah well in typical fashion the night was a non event. It would seem that i left my red dot finder on and have drained the battery :D I did get a nice view of Pleaides again but it was little consolation.

Oh mate, that is really bad luck :p

Hope the weather stays good for a few days so you get another chance when your good to go.

been there done that-now have a batch of about 8 spare batteries

been there done that-now have a batch of about 8 spare batteries

I explained my issue to my wife today who made a point of showing me where i had 2 spare batterys for this exact issue. Seems i had forgotten about them. I have now purchased and fitted an additional spotter scope so hopefully this wont be a problem again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived