NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My first Saturn attempt (kind of)

JB80

Ok, this is my first real go at Saturn as the first one was overexposed. I'm having a bit of trouble getting castrator to align my avi fully so have ended up with a much smaller stack than I wanted. Still I'm happy I managed to get something even if it's not as pretty as some of the others.

There is probably loads more stuff I can try anyway but for now here is the first edition :hello2:

Jarrod

post-21042-133877549714_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys:)

And yes, I would dare say that Saturn probably does stroll off a couple of times.

Good tip, I will look in to that thanks:)

Off to learn how to use vdub now.

edit: even with cutting the frames I still get about 15 seconds of saturn and minutes of nothing.

Thankyou everyone :hello2:, I'm quite happy with it.

It was only 335 frames too but I have worked on getting better alignment in my avi and have managed to get much more out of it (thanks to Stuart) :hello2:. Might have an updated version soon.

And I used Registax 5.1 to do the stacking, it's a process I still need more practice on though. I have only stacked Jupiter once and now Saturn.

edit:

Here is one with about 2000 frames.

post-21042-133877550047_thumb.jpg

Archived