SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Best way to share photos online

Sparrow

Although this refers to my birthday photos it applies equally to my astro photos so I'm curious to see what other people recommend.

I recently had my 50th birthday and wanted to share the photos with friends and family so I put them on my MSN Skydrive. Levels of sharing can be altered and a link email sent to whoever you want to share with. However, when someone follows the link, what they see is the photos but there is no easy way to download them - it tries to install SIlverlight and not eveyone wants that. To get to the Skydrive to download them is not obvious to some people so I'm not overly happy with it.

I was wondering what other people recommend as a quick easy way to share photos. As some of these are our personal family photos I want to be able to set the level of sharing to just who I choose rather than just "Public/Private".

No go sorry for Photobucket - just tried it and it very kindly shrank all my images down to a fraction of their original file size, and therefore, quality as well. Ok for snapshots but no good for sharing quality images.:)

Any others?

No go sorry for Photobucket - just tried it and it very kindly shrank all my images down to a fraction of their original file size, and therefore, quality as well. Ok for snapshots but no good for sharing quality images.:hello2:

Any others?

Never had any problems with it.

Archived