Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Altitude Adjustment T Bolt - Bent

Hi

was checking over my EQ6 Mount and can see that one of the tbolts is bent - apart from the nightmare of getting it out (no idea how Im going to do that) were can i get a spare (ideally order today)

Regards

John B

Sorry I can't help with the details of dismantling an EQ6.

But on bolts. One of my first moves with my CG5 was to buy stainless allen head bolts from ebay. Although you need an allen key to adjust, you don't the long flaps getting in the way. Oh - and they don't bend!

The plastic covers- one with EQ6 and one with the latitude scale have to be CAREFULLY prised off - they are glued on - to allow access to the bolt that holds the mount together. Once removed, access to the bent bolt is avaialble. This can be knocked "straighter" to allow to be unscrewed out. Then replace with stronger new bolts as mentioned in posts above.

i have removed the covers what a nightmare, anyway removed the big nut and bolt, does it just slip off with some brute force or is there a knack ?

John B

Theres 3 (I think) grub screws you can loosen off which allows the mount to split apart.

Archived