Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

pentax xf 12mm

Yes, they use ED glass.

For light transmission and sharpness the XF eyepieces are similar to the XW range (I am told). They have 60 degree FOV and 18mm eye-relief so whilst not up with the XW series, they are better than a regular Plossl. They also have click-stop eye-cups and are said to be excellent for binoviewing.

As a dealer, any enthusiasm I show will be taken with a 'pinch of salt' but I am genuinely excited to be offering the Pentax line-up 8)

Whilst they don't have the 'space-walk' marketing and glamour of Televue, they deliver where it counts: Optically and mechanically!

I must admit that the one thing that puts me off the pentax eyepieces is the twist up eyecups. i know it's a little thing but that design gets on my nerves. I much prefer the rubber eyecup you can really get your face against hehe (and get your eyelash grease on the lens!)

That's one of the things I most like about the Pentax and Meades :rolleyes:

Interesting to note that all the premium binoculars from Nikon, Pentax, Leica and Zeiss have ditched the rubber eye-cup in favour of the twist-up type.

I guess it is subjective.

That's one of the things I most like about the Pentax and Meades :rolleyes:

hehe, each to there own. Thats the great thing about astronomy kit, theres such a diversity of stuff out there you are likely to find something you like and can get on with! Although in my case it may take a few years of buying and selling hehe

That's one of the things I most like about the Pentax and Meades :wink:

hehe, each to there own. Thats the great thing about astronomy kit, theres such a diversity of stuff out there you are likely to find something you like and can get on with! Although in my case it may take a few years of buying and selling hehe

Its part of the fun though, eh? :rolleyes:

after more hunting i came across a 6 page forum discussion on cloudy nights about the radian/xf comparision.seems that this eyepiece caused some real interest due to the reported high contrast,

i noted that pulsar offer it at £100, not expensive for such eyepiece if its that good!

Archived