Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First View of Saturn

Revolvor

Got my first view of Saturn :saturn: last night - very exited! Very small, but clear. I have some better eyepieces on order from Steve, which hopefully will improve the image. Slowly getting used to the numb feet and fingers from long spells outside. I am having trouble precisely aligning the scope each time I use it, as the eyepiece is often in an awkward position. Is it just a case of rotating the whole scope, or am I doing something wrong?

Still new to this - Revolvor

Got my first view of Saturn :saturn: last night - very exited! Very small, but clear. I have some better eyepieces on order from Steve, which hopefully will improve the image. Slowly getting used to the numb feet and fingers from long spells outside. I am having trouble precisely aligning the scope each time I use it, as the eyepiece is often in an awkward position. Is it just a case of rotating the whole scope, or am I doing something wrong?

Still new to this - Revolvor

Amazing isn't it. Its like somebody's put a picture over the end of the scope. It looks small in my 90mm scope too -

to me it kinda feels like those really tiny sea-shells you find at the beach.

Hi Revolver

Always great to hear Saturn first viewing experiences, you'll never forget it!

Our solar system is truley blessed to have her. (Is that too soppy? :rolleyes:)

Would be a good idea to crank up the magnification to 200x or 240x if you can. I think any more will go to mush through your scope as does mine.

Vega

Archived