SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Whats happening here?

My new camera arrived this morning so I've been playing, as you do, and something wierd has cropped up. In the enclosed image of the view from my office window the bright parts and dark parts appear to smear up the image. Is this what's called blooming, or something else?

Secondly is this a problem and what can be done if that's the case.

image.jpg

TIA

Captain Chaos

CC the chip is protected by a glass plate , is that misted up , it is a prob with these camera,s no problem of course to overcome that , normally if that was to happen at night imaging , the misted patch would give a dark area on the frame , so just wondered, wipe the glass with a tissue then try it, but best tried at night to be sure,

I think it was overexposing. I tried with a filter to see if the filters would rotate and the image went a lot darker with an OIII in there. After I upped the exposure (had been on 1/1000th S i.e. the minimum) the image was OK. Upping the exposure length didn't do the same with the filter and going back to no filter didn't either. It was darker outside when I went back to plain no filters so it could be that, but as yet I'm not sure.

BTW anybody want any nice pictures of a barn, some grass or a tree? :D

Guess where all the clouds are tonight.

Captain Chaos

Archived