Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Binos 15x70

Thinking of get-tining some bins seen somewhere on the forum most of you are going for 15x70 revelations are they heavy to use will I need a tripod and how easy are to use and would it be better to go up or down on the specs Optics that is Vik thanks:headbang:

I've never seen a 17x50 binocular, did you mean to type in 15x70 which was the main point of your enquiry. The 15x70 will need mounting on a tripod for best results so the weight shouldn't be a big issue.

I haven't tried the Revelations myself but they certainly get the thumbs up by many people. I see FLO have them "subject to availability" and Telescope House are "sold out" at the moment, so there must be something good about them.

Yes, you be best off getting a tripod and a L-Type Adaptor to secure the bins to the tripod.

Cheers

Neil

The Revelation 15x70 is the same as my Omegon 15x70, and they comparatively light (about 3 lb, as opposed to more than 5.5 lbs for the APM equivalent). However, their rather high magnification means that most people use them from tripods. I myself use them free-hand often, but for longer sessions you need to rest them against something, or use a tripod. Really good value for money instrument!

Archived