Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Light Pollution HELL!

OXO

Hi Guy's,

Just gone outside to see if the clouds have gone and my next but 1 neighbours have bough one of those 234786 watt halgen light's almost ****ing blinded me! :x :x :x :x gonna after sort that out i am thinking a green lazer pen directed right at the sensor of the light trick it into thinking it's day light?..

I can feel a argument coming on.

James :x :) :) :)

I think it's so if there's a burgler it saves them taking a Torch! plus maybe they like wasteing what money they have on the electric bill from these things..

Pi**ed off.

I have done this already Astroman just sent emails to the local light pollution officer.

Thanks..

James :)

Unfortunatly i cant speak to these people there pig ignorant as everyone has said to me since they moved in theres been nothing but trouble.. My next door neighbour had a light like it, i went round and explained what it was doing to my Hobby and he promtly exchanged the whole out fit the next day. It wont happen with these low lifes..

Planning on going out there tonight setting the scope up and reflecting the light back! off the scopes mirror plus if that doesnt get there attention ill set all the mirrors up in the house!.

James

No more News yet, i have written a letter to my local council and posted that off(recorded delivery) and phone enviromental health but no answer suprise suprise..

I intend on going round if the Light is on when i wanna observe with the scope and asking for them to switch it off whilst i am out there...

I will keep ya posted.

James

I sympathise with you james, my next-door neighbour works for his Father-in-laws home security business, and I think he must get all  of their latest  "WW2 searchlight strength" security lights to try out at home.

They really are a pain, and they are ultra sensitive to any movement. Sad thing is that He's probably approachable over the lights but alas, we had a fall out over his dog "decorating" my garden, and arent on speaking terms at the moment.

A well aimed Air rifle might be the answer to your problem.

Cheers, bob.

you know as i live and breath, another item i am gonna add to my astronomy kit is an air rifle so i can personally take out these blumming lights.

It just aint right, we miss all the best events due to ****ing cloud cover, brave the cold and sleepless nights. Only to get buggered pardon my french, by light pollution.

I can see we are heading for a culture of using filters, but WHY!

Moans over

Regards

Al

For those of you unaware, i am begin Sarky!
Cant say as i noticed :) :whip2:

I agree these lights need shooting and i have aquired a pellet gun for just the Job, i remember kicking the lamp post's as a kid to rid the lights that was good as it switched em off till the guys came to fix it :)

James :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived