Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

what types of binoculars are the best?

i had a celestron upclose binoculars which was 10*50 and they kept on getting out of line.... obviously i dont know how to fix it again, so i returned it... but before i returned it i once compared them to another persons binoculars..... they were the same specs...(10x50) but MY GOD THERE WAS A DIFFERENCE.... the other one was much more crip and more closer... i dont know why...

it looked black and **** and plain.... but like an idiot i didnt ask him what the name of it was. my budget is £30 to be honest. and i want 10x50 which will play nicely with my 8inch telescope.:)

I have the Meade binoculars from the Telescope House.

http://www.telescopehouse.com/acatalog/Meade_10x50_Binocular_Special_Offer.html

I've since upgraded to a set of Opticrons which are £100 more, and while these are certainly brighter and will probably last longer, the cheap Meades do hold their own even at that price.

Tim

I have a pair of Celestron 10 x 50 and I find them quite good for star spotting but I fond that using them in daylight they have a weird 2 D effect. I've tried the revelation 20 x 70 's and TBH I just didnt like them . So now I'm begining to believe that although there are lots of cheap binos out there you really pay for what you get and I think that anything below the £ 85 mark is going to be dissapointing sadly

I agree with LSW, Strathspey are very good value. I'm part of the "Strathspey 20x90 owners club" and would recommend them to anybody. Obviously these are over your budget but looking at their web site it appears that their 10x50 are within your price range.

Cheers

Neil

Archived