Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cold fingers when imaging/observing

PeterW

I've been suffering from cold fingers when out imaging using my netbook imaging. The problem is that I need a bare finger tip to operate the touchpad and having to take my gloves off is a problem. I have some fingerless gloves, but then all my fingertips freeze up.

The solution I found is a pair of tight fitting "glove liners" from Cotswold Outdoor made by 'Outdoor Designs' made of Polartec Powerdry fabric, about £8 per pair! Makes those fiddly things like focussing, changing eyepieces and the like easy to do without taking your gloves off. To solve the touch screen issue I have made a little hole in the tip of my right index finger, reinforcing it with some stitching.

Hope this helps other people deal with one of those perennial issues. If it is really cold or windy you'll still get cold, but these gloves hold that off for a good long time.

Cheers

PEterW

post-13305-133877538007_thumb.jpg

I use a Dolphin Track Ball Mouse like this Dolphin 3D Mouse Trackball Handheld USB Wire for PC on EBay . Cheap as chips too ( about 6 squid ) and mine has always worked . I hate touchpads . The mouse lives forever !! Your hand wraps around the mouse. My version is USB but they can now be wireless with a dongle in the 'puter'.

That links seems duff so try here http://www.1topstore.com/product_info.php?language=en&currency=GBP&products_id=5823

Archived