Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 2174/5 NEBULA

CELESCOPE

Another of the ones i love to take , never done it at this scale before , perfect conditions allowed me to go pretty deep with this one , same subs 60x 60 secs, this time using the HA filter , processed in Maxim DDP and SD mask , noticed a few hot pixels , this seems to eliminate them . this is other wise called the MONKEY NEBULA , dont ask me why , some one can see a Monkey face in there somewhere heheh

Colour added using Noels actions

and a bit of rogers Phoroshop tricks

Cheers

Rog

image.jpg

image.jpg

I might turn my ed100 to this one then. It's a good image scale and seems a bright enough object.

What are you doing to keep your stars small Rog - any filter on there?

Anthony

PS I can see the monkey now. It is so obvious - his great big grinning monkey profile.

Hi Ant , , its an easy one mate , especially for the ccd we use , you should get a bit deeper using guided, althought i think i have gone pretty well in , if you can do LRGB there is some lovely little reflection in this one , but mainly emission, ok stars , i will send you a process in photo shop i use , i did one tutorial on here early on, but have made a few smaller changes, so will PM you , later tonight when i get home from work

Rog

Another good one Rog. What I night for you eh? Can see 2 possible Monkeys in there! Would be interested to have a copy of your pm to Anthony to see how what you are doing compares to what I am doing esp your small refinements.

Archived