SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Cheapest 10" dob ?

Are you sure you really want the cheapest? Quality is a major consideration ... and there is some pretty nasty stuff at the lower end of the market (mostly through fleabay).

... if you're dead skint then perhaps you should look at the 2nd hand market.

But if you know what you are doing and have patience you can pick up a 10 inch dob on e-bay...but there is of course the risk!

If you are experienced you can buy off e-bay, enjoy for a time and then sell on astro buy and sell for more than you paid for it.

If you want a new one then you cannot beat FLO!

Mark

Stick to a recommended dealer, FLO, Ian King, Telescope House, Green Witch or Harrison Telescopes. I wouldn't go outside that lot unless I had no choice.

Cheers

I'd add Rother Valley Optics and Opticstar to that list. Two more outstanding dealers.

John

I got a Skywatcher 10" dob off e.bay a few years back for £100 "Buy it Now". I had to drive a 200 mile round trip to pick it up but it was still a bargain.

Sometimes the Skywatcher, Celestron or Orion Optics 10" optical tubes come up for quite low prices on UK Astro Buy & Sell. You can make a dobsonian mount for £25 or so from marine plywood.

Archived