Hello Griz and welcome to SGL!!

Thank you Biz

Hi Griz and welcome to SGL ;)

Thanks for the Welcome Bran

Hi Griz,

A very warm welcome to SGL....:)

Warm is the way I like it magic. Thank you

Hi Griz, a warm welcome to SGL.

Garages, and telescopes, can it get any better?

Good Luck on your scope project, looking forward to seeing the finished beast!

Nope it cant get any better, should be a good project, Thank you .

Hi Griz and welcome to the forum

Any relation to eeyore? :) Thank you Donkey

Hello and welcome

Thanks Satna

I have to say this forum has to be friendliest I have seen in a very longtime. Very nice indeed. :):headbang:;):headbang:

Well Ill be a Monkeys uncle, Another Arizonian!!!!! Heya Sky Iam actually by Florence.

I figured you were there, or Queen Creek, from that zip code. Many years ago I lived in Chandler and observed often out at Florence Junction.

I've only been a member here for about two weeks, but I'm already incredibly greatful for our weather. We truly are fortunate in these parts.

Hi Griz,

I had the pleasure to observe from the south rim of the Grand Canyon back in June 2002 with the local astronomy club there and it was an amazing experience. The air there is not just clear, it's so dry too. The lack of water vapour made a real difference. I'd never seen the milky way like that before nor since. Your dob will give you awesome views when it is finished.

Best regards,

Graham (in dampest North East England)

hi Grizz, welcome to the site

Thanks so much Astro

Welcome to SGL, it is a very helpful and friendly forum! :glasses1:

Thank you IXTL I have noticed the friendliness already . it seems great.

I figured you were there, or Queen Creek, from that zip code. Many years ago I lived in Chandler and observed often out at Florence Junction.

I've only been a member here for about two weeks, but I'm already incredibly greatful for our weather. We truly are fortunate in these parts.

I lived in Chandler myself on the Corner of Mcqueen and Warner, was from 1993-1998. Now Iam out the San Tan Valley area. Much Darker here LOL.

yeah the weather can not be beat. today was beautiful.

Hi, welcome to the best astro forum :)

Thanks so much Orion :p

Welcome to SGL ;)

Thanks spectre

Hi Griz,

I had the pleasure to observe from the south rim of the Grand Canyon back in June 2002 with the local astronomy club there and it was an amazing experience. The air there is not just clear, it's so dry too. The lack of water vapour made a real difference. I'd never seen the milky way like that before nor since. Your dob will give you awesome views when it is finished.

Best regards,

Graham (in dampest North East England)

Graham, Yes you are right. The club here Organizes a north and sout ring observance and let tourists come in and look and do classes on what they are seeing. It is really a expierience to be had. Ill be there this fall myself Hope to have it done by then.

Graham, Yes you are right. The club here Organizes a north and sout ring observance and let tourists come in and look and do classes on what they are seeing. It is really a expierience to be had. Ill be there this fall myself Hope to have it done by then.

In the interest of total disclosure about the Grand Canyon Star Party, Griz, Steve Dodder from the Saguaro Astronomy Club up your way coordinates the North Rim segment, and I coordinate the South Rim segment for the Tucson Amateur Astronomy Association. It's such a great privilege for eight nights every June to introduce the wonders of the night sky to thousands of visitors to Grand Canyon National Park. Dark skies, 7000 feet altitude, and, as observed above, dry weather is a perfect environment. You'll have to drag your light bucket up and join us on one of the rims, some year.

Hi Griz

A belated welcome from me too - looking forward to pics - if astronomy's an excuse from getting away from the wife - why did mine give me a telescope - is she trying to tell me something?

:glasses1:

Anyway - Enjoy

Yes, Sim, she is telling you that now she is free to acquire her own kit. When she tells that you should indulge yourself with the best of equipment, the unspoken thought is that she, too is free to indulge.

You didn't really need that bank account, did you? The game is afoot.:)

Archived