Starwalk iPhone App

Hi, it's a great little app. I have it on my iPad and iPhone 4 and it's great to track around in the sky whilst holding your phone up to see what you're looking at. Nice little features in it too. Yes, so get it! :)

I also use GPS Motion X app as it's great for giving you good lat & long coordinates (in any format) for entering in your scope. On the iPad this app looks amazing especially in your car boot at night. It looks like you're setting up for a NASA launch.:)

Many thanks to all for your replies I already have Planets, very impressed and as you say, free! Stellarium has been installed on my iPhone recently, but not had much chance to play. Think based on positive feedback I'll take a punt on Starwalk.

star walk is the best astronomy app for iphone! i've noticed it on ipad in the apple store and i've understood why steve jobs called ipad a magic device. i was so impressed, omg!

these guys won apple award, so i kinda trust :)

star spotter is a great feature, it gives tons of info, i love their pictures of the day, and graphic is amazing, the best i've seen.

i have bought pocket universe, redshift, which are really nicely done, but i'll stay with my favorite ;)

Well I bought Starwalk this morning. Had a little play and one of the things I found interesting is finding out where things are in the daytime. Can't wait for a clear night to try out SW and my new Baader clickstop zoom!

Thanks again for all replies

My vote goes for SkySafari - especially if you have a goto scope as it can drive it (via a dongle). I found StarWalk had trouble with orientation on my iPhone.

Interesting...do you have any more information about how this works / set up, etc?

cheers

• 8 months later...

SBGemini I wondered how you found the Hyperion Zoom with the 127 SLT ? I have the SLT and considered buying the zoom as my son is sick of only seeing Jupiter and the moon, but I would appreciate your view on what changed when you got it

I use starmap pro. Reasonably priced, has nice features (eyepiece view fully customizable to your setup), a huge database, including asteroids and comets that can be updated, a handy telrad view. I have an old ipod touch, but I understand it can take advantage of gps and compass in more advanced models.

Archived