NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

just dropped in

radioactive

Authorities were trying to identify a mysterious metallic object that crashed through the roof of a house in eastern New Jersey.

Nobody was injured when the golf-ball sized object, weighing nearly as much as a can of soup, struck the home and embedded itself in a wall Tuesday night. Federal officials sent to the scene said it was not from an aircraft.

The rough-surfaced object, with a metallic glint, was displayed Wednesday by police.

full details from http://www.livescience.com/othernews/070104_ap_mystery_object.html

post-12869-133877325592_thumb.jpg

IF (and I think IF is the operative word here) that thing is a meteorite, I hope the house owners hang on to it - it could be worth a lot of money to them. When meteorites fell over Park Forest - a suburb of Chicago, a few years ago, the local Police collected up many samples as "evidence" and were then caught selling them to dealers rather than returning them to the owners of the property they fell on as the rightful owners !!!.

I'll probably get busted now by the CIA for reporting that :)

John

Archived