Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dob conversion kit to go-to

Hi all

Dose someone know about the new kit to turn any dob in to a GO-TO.

NGC 1502 (Ed) told me about it before, I have found it in the 2011 Skywatcher catalogue but I can't find it elswear on the net :).

Please help. All the best.

Hi Andy, it's me again. Sounds like a brand new product that hasn't hit dealers shelves yet, just in the latest catalogue. I think I'd contact the importers and

see what they say Optical Vision Ltd ::Telescopes, Binoculars, Spotting Scopes, Microscopes by OVL

It won't be the first time stuff gets announced before it's available.

Good luck ! Ed.

Sorry Dr Neb a mate put it on a memory stick for me.

It is a PDF file so it is out thear, I have just been looking on the net but I can't find it sorry.( it is on my desk top but I don't no how to transfer it on to to hear)

ANY Dob into a Go-To?

Even my little Heritage 130P?

Probably cost more then the scope did,LOL.

I have a Wixey. Now all i need is something that can measure the movement of the scope in Az. Something that doesnt need plugging into any computer.

I have thought about simply marking out in pen (on the base) 360 degrees full circle.

Not even sure if that would work. Least i could guage how many degrees N/S/E/W from my location the scope was/is pointing and with the Alt reading of the Wixey..................i could then later check Stellarium to see what and where i pointed.

I'd have to start keeping a log also................no worry with a digital dictaphone.

• 2 months later...

Archived