Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astrofest purchases?

AWR

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was my first Astrofest. I was there for about 3 hours just visiting the various stands. After having told

David Nagler I only have a 60mm f 5.9 refractor he made me look through an Ethos 8mm mounted on one of their TV 101 or 102 (I can't remember). I ended up buying it...

I also got an Astronomik LP filter. Ethan at the Widescreen stand was extremely helpful in recommending the right one.

I regret not having taken Friday off. But maybe it would have been a much worse choice for my finances...

I bought: WO Red Dot finder (20 quid cheaper at Ian King than Widescreen stand); UWAN 4mm at £135 (nice price); Baader Collimator; Apollo 11 Haynes Manual signed by Mr Riley..

I also coveted: FLT 151 Five element William Optics on sale for £5K; XX14 dob; Orion Optics DK16 on Paramount for 19999.... lottery win would be nice.

I am now officially broke.

And a 3rd Orion centering eyepiece adaptor thingy for me! Got off lightly.

Briefly considered a Star Analyzer from the very nice Shelyak people but couldn't justify it at the moment.

PS: I tell you though what I probably wouldn't be able to resist: a binocular mirror mount.

Well I went with the specific purpose of meeting NickH who introduced me to someone at Widescreen to get the 'best' price!

He looked at my list and said, 'if Nick has chosen this for you, then I am not going to change it!'

Bought these the day before going:

Meade DSI II Pro

GPUSB

From Astrofest:

Skywatcher 80ED with EQ6 and GOTO

Skywatcher Startravel 80 OTA (spotter scope)

Skywatcher focal reducer

Skywatcher DSL$-M48 Ring adaptor for my Nikon D3X.

Supposed to be arriving today!

Getting excited now.

Regards

Chris

Archived