Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Waterproof Go To Mounts

I'm not looking to go swimming with it but with all the rain we get in the uk how waterproof are the mounts?

I have a Celestron CGEM mount, its heavy, managble but heavy but i would hate to have to keep running in and out with it. :)

Cheers

Alan, here in holland its mostly also rainy and wet conditions.

when my setup was not on a pier yet i bought a telegizmos scope cover that would fit my setup, now i use it even 24/7 to cover my setup. (365 serie)

*in france*

scopecover-01.jpg

i also got a small dehumidifier that i put under the scope cover when i am not working with the setup.

this small thing has been under my cover for 7 weeks now with heavy rains here in holland but the dehumidifier is still not filled with moisture enough to be recharged ( its doing his job excellent )

MG_9824-k.jpg

I use those mini dehumidifiers at work. They work really well but dont lean them near each other when charging. They get hot and the plastic melts. In my opinion they are extremely dangerous. But also very cheap. Tempting combination :)

I use those mini dehumidifiers at work. They work really well but dont lean them near each other when charging. They get hot and the plastic melts. In my opinion they are extremely dangerous. But also very cheap. Tempting combination :)

indeed i forgot to say that, they get really hot.

i ''re''charge it when i am imaging but also if its needed, of the indicator says its wet, and i have to image i will recharge.

if i can not image during the night i just leave it under the cover, i also got some heaters around the optics and ccd, and the worst part is always the humidity caused in the first hours when the cover is on the setup.

Archived