Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Embarrassing - But a start

Kain

Ok tried the new camera on some Afocal DSO's

Ok there rubbish, but I think when I get the hang of this focusing lark and a mount for the camera at the EP (rather than me holding it) I think I might actually be on the right tracks!

image.jpg

Part of M45 - Its a start anyway, with the Canon I couldn't pick stars up A focally.

image.jpg

M42 - Ok the likes of Rog and Martin with be thinking 'what the hell is he posting this carp for' but this is the first time I have gotten a hint on nebulously in an image! Rather proud of that fact, and is you squint pass the fuzziness that I have created in PS, you can see the dark area of the 'Running Man'. I think once I am able to do take these without me holding the camera, I might finally be getting somewhere!

I wanted to stay out longer, but my chest and ribs were killing me due the the cold on this chest infection, I really feel like Rubbish :)

So yeah, I'm pleased with this bit of rubbish, it's a start anyway.

Kain

Kain

Everyone has to start somewhere, so don't knock yourself out over those images. Considering that you are not feeling well, they are pretty good for a first attempt.

You should be encouraged. Get well and try again.

Happy New Year

Geoff

Tell you what mate, that first glimpse of nebulosity on an image you

took is a major step forward. 8)

Get a bracket to take some stress out of it and plod on.

Sympathies for your chest infection, mine got worse today.

can't remember feeling this grim for years :)

no Kain , blimey , infact my first DSOs were very similar , we all started off getting to grips with this type of imaging , and thats a good result for the method you are using , but as you progress and maybe take more of an interest with DSO you might like to think of a different method in capturing these, cost is always an issue , but there are fairly cheap ways in this area to use , keep at it mate .

Rog

I feel like death warmed up this morning Phil..It's a nightmare :lol:

Rog, thanks for the encouragement :). Hopefully will get a bracket/adaptor thing over the next few weeks which will help alot.

How long can an exposure be before it starts streaking across the eyepiece?

Kain

depends on the eyepiece Kain , but seriously,i think you will find it hard, using that method for DSO , however it will be an interesting experience to see exactly what can be achieved using this method,but could try say 10/20 sec see how that turns out, but its a case of experimenting Kain i think, good luck , i shall be watching to see how you do ,

Cheers

Rog

Agree with Rog, start experimenting matey.

Dont worry about streaking stars, test what your camer can see first for a bit of fun.

Suppose the limiting factors are max exposure time on your camera (30 seconds I think) and

how long it takes for and object to drift out of the FOV of your scope and how steady you can

hold the camera.

See if you can get a 30 second shot of M42 to see how much nebulosity you can get albeit streaked. :)

Kain

We are in the same boat :)

I use my two cameras for different uses. My compact camera I use for Moon close ups & double stars. The 5600 I use widefield of with the 25mm ortho as this is the only eyepiece that works with it.

I took a pic of M42 on Monday night I'll did it out and post it.

Cheers

Ian

Archived