NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Yet Another Orion Widefield - Out of Practice...

Canon 1000D Baader BCF Modified Hutech IDAS P2 inbody filter 50mm EF f1.8 (Nifty Fifty) on EQ3-Pro unguided (Just Polar Aligned using polarscope and sideral tracking enabled)

Cropped to remove trees house Aerials etc... Bit dewy at low DEC... First time out since October 2010 ;)

50x120s ISO400 f4.0 Darks and Bias... Stacked in DSS Post Processed in CS3

Orion%2050mm%2050x120s%20ISO400%20f4%20unguided%20QS.jpg

Peter...

Thanks all...

It was the first chance to try out a new "in body" filter which I bought last August (Hutech IDAS P2 + adaptor) ... So I wanted to shoot low ISO to try and get some more star colour to play with. The IDAS P2 is my prefered filter in 2" form on the scopes as it's not so harsh as the Astronomik CLS-CCD which I also have in clip-in format... If I get a chance I might run the same sequence again using the astronomik and see what happens...

Chris Perhaps I need to explain...

Billy is my "darker" side ... he drifts back when I havent had a chance to get out and do any imaging for more than a few weeks... this season the last time I got out to use the kit was 20-21/10/2010 ;)

Peter is my "lighter" side and re-emerges once I have something new to show...

Peter... AKA Billy...

Thanks all...

Chris Perhaps I need to explain...

Billy is my "darker" side ... he drifts back when I havent had a chance to get out and do any imaging for more than a few weeks... this season the last time I got out to use the kit was 20-21/10/2010 ;)

Peter is my "lighter" side and re-emerges once I have something new to show...

Peter... AKA Billy...

Ha ha, very good Peter/Billy, our very own Jeckyll and Hyde!

Regards

Chris

Thanks peeps I am not happy with the focus on it..

I should have rechecked it after the lens temp had stabilised as the air temp was around -5C I should have left the dewband and lens reach equilibrium and rechecked the focus .. problem is with the nifty 50 the dew band covers the focus ring... there are also radially offset reflections on the main constellation stars

Still back in the saddle but might need to fit the stabilisers ...

Next challenge is getting the obs back up and runing...

Billy...

Archived