Thanks everyone

I just wanted to thank everyone on SGL - about 10 days ago I decided to look into astronomy and all the advice and encouragement on this site has filled me with excitement, steered me through the info overload and given me the confidence to purchase my first 'scope from somewhere reputable (a skyliner 150p dob from FLO) in the knowledge it won't disappoint.

Does every newbie feel this excited waiting for their first 'scope to arrive?

Cheers all,

H

H, I'm glad you made a purchase and found the help you needed to get there. As for feeling that way, the answer is yes, and you know, you don't stop feeling excited when you buy another scope either :)...

I'm sure you'll get some great views with that.

wait till you do look up with it and see orions great nebula you`ll want every in the house to come have a look get some good gloves and socks and plenty of warm clothes cos you might be out all night,you will never forget your first night mine was a revelation a thought i`d found god that night my first double cluster blew me away the smile was hard to loose for days hope you have many clear night always

pat

Stop it everyone - I've got to wait til next Mon/Tues before it arrives!

I assumed my first views would be the moon and planets, but I'll definitely look for the orion nebula Todd.

Can't really believe I'll be looking at such things soon.

I've had a look at 2 online weather forecasts - one gives clear skies, the other heavy rain for early next week - bound to be the latter :), sorry if the newbie curse of cloud affects anyone else in the south west - you can blame me.

Archived