Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Coma corrector for 200P

TBH, I don't know. Without the Coma Corrector, I had to use the Direct Camera Connection or a Barlow to achieve focus. T-Rings and T-adapters didn't have enough in-focus on my Crayford. Does the R&P focuser have a direct camera connection, and if so, will the DSLR focus? If it does, then perhaps the SW CC will be OK.

Edited by Black Knight

Yeah, it did :). I did take a bit of a gamble on it TBH. I assumed that SW wouldn't sell a CC designed for DSLRs if they hadn't tested it first :). It comes with an adapter which replaces the "ring" (I don't know the correct term for this) on the focus tube i.e. the ring you drop the eyepiece adapter into. Maybe that makes a difference?

The Altair Astro coma corrector (same as the Astro-Tech, optical design by Roger Ceragioli, manufactured by GSO I understand) works well for me.

Altair Astro Photo Visual Coma Corrector and Field Flattener for Newtonian reflectors

Back focus should not be an issue - the coma corrector gives about 47mm additional out focus. The corrector screws on to a 2" filter, M48 thread. For photographic use, the Astro Engineering 2" to T-mount adaptor, AC493, gives the corrector just about the perfect spacing from the image plane.

Adaptors for telescopes

Edited by cs1cjc

• 10 years later...
On 25/01/2011 at 20:41, Astroblagger said:

anyone suggest the correct one to get

Hi

200p?

Old, new, blue tube, black tube, Crayford, rack and pinion... This one just works. 

Does corner to corner over aps-c at a back focus of 75mm giving fl ~1090mm. Oh, don't forget to remove the visual attachment;)

Cheers

Edited by alacant