Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion Optics

adamsp123

Just been looking at some stuff on OOs website and I thought the prices seemed quite reasonable until I see that the prices don't include VAT, is this a new thing they are doing or have I been blind to it for the last couple of years? :D

I really don't like it when published prices are not inclusive of VAT.

The prices have gone up at the lower end anyway due to the introduction of their VX range a few months ago. They merged the Europa, Dobsonian and SPX ranges and made them all the same spec, 1/6 pv optics, nine point mirror cell etc. A step up from the original Europa and Dob but at a higher cost tan before (14" dob used to be ~£1300, now more like £2,500 :D).

The have not always done that. I have received an email from them in the last two weeks telling all of us who are members of the Orion Optics Yahoo group that they are no longer including VAT in their prices.

I'm sure their web prices used to include VAT as well.

You're right, just been on there and the VAT was included before but the price always inflated massively once you added the bits you really wanted.

Archived