Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hope it stays Clear!!

magic77

Had a good few hours observing tonight...Didnt start till 9.30pm so Jupiter had gone behind house, but Orion was showing nicely as was Pleiades..Tonight was first real observing of the Moon, absolutley stunning...Started ticking off the Lunar 100 but not a case of just ticking off as it were..Took my time to enjoy too...Cant believe how bright Aristarchus is, so small but stands out as much as anything on the surface...Waiting for 1.30am Saturn should be visible then, never get bored of viewing her!!.....:)

Well ive only got one scope John!!...So its outside waiting too..Im having a nice Milky Coffee and a few of the left over Christmas Choccies...mmmmm...Are you expecting it to be a good view?..Does the Moon affect it in anyway?...

I got up early for Saturn instead......should have stayed in bed and got another hours sleep. Waste of time again. Seeing 0.00001/5. I give up.

Hope others had better luck.

I'm glad you posted that Russ :)

I stayed up late to catch Saturn last night / early hours of this morning. The 6" refractor was completely cooled and the collimation spot on and I also had the 6" mak-newtonian out as well.

No matter what I tried, I found it very hard to tease anything but the basic details out of Saturn. Cassini's Divison was hinted at at best and that may have been me "trying" too hard !.

Rather dissapointing really - I've had better views with my 60mm refractor to be honest !.

This poor seeing is becoming a regular feature it seems - hope it sorts itself out a bit for when Saturn is visible at more sociable hours !.

Archived