NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher Explorer 200P

Well, visited an astronomical shop in south Manchester today with £500 in my pocket. After being in the shop for at least 10 minutes, and being totally ignored by the 2 staff (who were not dealing with anyone else, on the phone etc) I walked out!

I had a look at the Skywatcher Skyliner 200P Flexitube in Stockport, only to find that the base will not fit through the door of my motorhome. So, rethink time!! I am now thinking of the Skywatcher Explorer 200P EQ5. I have had a look on the forum here and it seems a reasonable startes scope within my budget and will fit in the motorhome! Any comments welcome.

The 200P is a great aperture size for a first scope - it'll show you just about every thing worth looking at and keep you entertained a good few years. I prefer eq mounts and the eq5 is great with the right scope.

Check the weights of OTA and capacity of the eq5 to be sure you get the right combination. Bear in mind you may be tempted to use large ep's, mount cameras, add motors or goto, etc, at some time in the future. Hope that helps :)

I had a look at the Skywatcher Skyliner 200P Flexitube in Stockport, only to find that the base will not fit through the door of my motorhome.

Oh that's not good... I was looking at the 250P FlexTube and probably wouldn't take it in the motorhome much but was hoping it would fit.

Will it not go in through the cabin door?

Oh that's not good... I was looking at the 250P FlexTube and probably wouldn't take it in the motorhome much but was hoping it would fit.

Will it not go in through the cabin door?

The base was 52cm diameter!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, revisited the same shop today and what a difference! They were extremely pleasant and helpful and very knowledgable! So much so that we ordered a Skywatcher Explorer 200 PDS with EQ5 Pro mount!

Well, revisited the same shop today and what a difference! They were extremely pleasant and helpful and very knowledgable! So much so that we ordered a Skywatcher Explorer 200 PDS with EQ5 Pro mount!

Yeah, so happy for you, for the scope and the much improved service.

Dave

• 4 months later...

Archived