Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Should i operate?

The dust etc in my ota is bugging me, I need to remove correcting plate with secondary to clear it by gentle brushing, my wife's got some nice soft make-up brushes all i need is some cotton gloves. Read how to on "Jans LX90 pages".Do you think i should give it a whirl?.........Jeff.

I'm guessing here, but going by the pixel size and the size of the dust bunnies, you should be looking for a dust bunny at a distance from the chip of (diameter in pixels) X f/ ratio X pixel pitch, so for my setup with a bunny diameter of 10 pixels:-

10 X 5 X 0.007 in MM, so about 0.35mm.

- so dust bunnies are always on the chip or very very close it seems.

Captain Chaos

OK. Thanks to all your advice i think I've succeeded in removing it. It was on the chip under the IR filter as you all suggested, probably there since manufacture. At moment only checked in terrestrial but clear at last! Thanks for your input, it is much appreciated......Jeff.

Archived