NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dessicant dehumidifier - Recommendations?

opticalpath

my office very kindly provided one of these for my 8x8; i am told it will deal with what i want very easily, but ask me again in a week. Apparently one of the bods at DiO is an astrophotographer himself and uses one of these

X-Dry Dehumidifier | DD322 Dehumidifier | Boat and Caravan | Dehumidifiers

also, do a search on dehumidifiers, some people are using similar types, some are using bags of silica beads, some don't seem to want/need anything

I use this one from the same company but a little cheaper.

ELA DD822 Dehumidifier & Laundry Drier | Laundry Driers | Dehumidifiers

I've had it since the Autumn and have had no condensation at all throughout the cold or damp weather in my Skyshed POD. I have it on the lowest setting - so in principle it could cope with more severe conditions. I would highly recommend it.

Dave

Having spent the morning stripping and cleaning an SCT and Frac I will be buying the Unit that Dave suggested in the near future...

I am hoping cost wise it will be about the same as I have been paying when using the Frost heater and Desicant tablets...but doing a much better job...

Billy...

Right, I'm up for one of these too then! Sounds like a very effective solution.

I'm going to take a look also at the similar spec DD122FW model. Roger Banks at dry-it-out.com told me that's the one he has in his own observatory. It's not the very latest model, but I read somewhere that the build quality is particularly good.

Adrian

After a Chat with the very nice man at DIO I ordered the DD822 and should have it tomorrow :)

Going to pick these two up tomorrow to keep an eye on it

http://www.maplin.co.uk/plug-in-electricity-cost-and-usage-calculator-223573

http://www.maplin.co.uk/desktop-weather-station-224257

Probably put the wireless weather stations indoor unit in there for a week or so to see how it copes...

Billy...

.....and I'm joining this bandwagon too :-) and thinking of adding some damp-proof course material alongside the wheels to try to avoid dehumidifying the whole area!! (I need to get my wheels upgraded first though, so that I get the height right.)

Helen

Mine arrived around midday and has cleared the condesation off the windows in the Office and dropped the RH from 54% to 49% in just over an hour... well impressed as its a big space and the doors to the factory floor are open as well :)

1 litre of water in the tank after 2 hours...

Billy...

Archived