Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another ISS/Moon/Jupiter pic

Took this of the 2nd ISS pass last night. Was a few seconds late getting my remote attached to the camera, hence shake from holding the shutter release open. I was amazed at how bright the earthshine is at the moment! Had to make a huge levels adjustment to get rid of the light pollution.

David

post-21430-133877515889_thumb.jpg

Nice one David.

I spotted the ISS last night about 17:10 when I was out checking Jupiter and looking for Uranus, It was extremely bright. The skies are looking favourable tonight so I might try to get a pic of the ISS at 17:35ish as it passes beneath The Moon and Jupiter.

p.s. I did manage to see Uranus :-)

Nice one David.

I spotted the ISS last night about 17:10 when I was out checking Jupiter and looking for Uranus, It was extremely bright. The skies are looking favourable tonight so I might try to get a pic of the ISS at 17:35ish as it passes beneath The Moon and Jupiter.

p.s. I did manage to see Uranus :-)

According to my copy of stellarium the ISS passes over the Moon and then Jupiter this evening at 17:35 ?

edit sorry the ISS is over Jupiter as well

That's a point, I am in Belgium.

It pretty much crossed just aboveJupiter for me, I'll get a pic up a bit later on.

That's a nice pic, plenty going on there with the reflections in the car.

Edit: This is the best I got, think I was way out of focus though and was expecting it a bit higher up. It was my first go at it though so I'm happy to of got it.

post-21042-133877516025_thumb.jpg

nice one Pibbles, it's amazing the difference a few degrees makes. I had 4 cameras filming the pass, 2 in video mode and 2 taking pics at varying exposures. Typically it was the oldest camera with only 4megapixels which produced the best results.

I hadn't noticed the reflections until you mentioned them.

Cheers :-)

From Cemaes it went over the Moon with a space of about two Moon diameters :) I had 3 cameras running including a 5D MkII and a 600mm prime lens. I've copied the raw files to the main pc and had a play in PS with the first one.

Somehow, and I've no idea how, I've managed to created a 47Gb image ! and I'm having one hell of time deleting it from the H/D lol

Archived