Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Had a good night tonight

Leegsi

After a nice clear day I was hoping for clear skys tonight.

I was in luck so put the scope out to cool down and get my bits together.

-1 and frost with clear skys :)

After setting up I went for Mizar as I found out it was a double so thought that would be a nice easy target. Nice and easy to see Mizar and its friend Alcor.

Next up was Betelgeuse to see its colours flashing away and then on to the Orion nebular. It was good seeing so pushed SW150 upto 6mm eye piece with a x2 Barlow and swear I could see 4 stars but not sure.

Then onto the Andromeda Galaxy (I never tire of seeing 2.5 million miles)

After looking around the sky I decided to try and find something rather than wondering around the sky. Seen a few pictures of M36 and M38 and after looking at the app on my phone I went looking and found them :D

Was nice to actually find something and I think next time I am going to set myself some targets.

So all in all a good night.

Well done Lee, that sounds a great time. Orion Neb was fantastic last night, really good spells of transparency. M1 was also the brightest i've seen it. An easy object on all our instruments right down to the binos.

Don't forget it's clear again tonight, better make the most of it, the forecast is poor from tomorrow.

Archived