Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Still chipping away...part 2

peter shah

This is a delight and a really new 'take' on the region. Very easy going, very gentle, very natural. I think most of us push too hard on the Ha looking for fierce contrasts. This is cloudy, nebulous and subtle. Yes, I like it a lot!

Olly

many thanks guys....the halo above the horses head i think is from the bight star Mintaka just out of shot, caused by off axis light hitting the edge of my unmounted UV/IR filter (i think), i was hoping there would be enough overlap to hide it but i needed place the second frame there in order to get M42 in the next frame :)

There is still lots to do on this shot, selective unsharp mask on detailed areas and possibly a bit of star reduction, and of course those slight gradients ....I blended it by eye using PS...no mosaic software for this one

Fantastic shot but i am a bit confused...last part?? Surely you have lots more to do to get all of orion in and barnards loop? (just kidding, i know thats pushing it for the amount of clear skies we get but it would look amazing!)

Cant wait to see the last bit in place.

Fantastic shot but i am a bit confused...last part?? .

Just in case it isnt clear....The last part is the third data set for the M42 frame....i cant really do any final tweaks until i have all three frames infront of me...it is just easier to get a good balance of adjustments in the detailed areas across the full image.

BTW I did get the joke....

Archived