Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Filters for imaging

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yup thats it.

Ok your problem is that the SPC880 doesn't work on Windows 7.

People have mentioned flashing to a SPC900 model. This in basic terms is putting new software on the webcam, so that it behaves and thinks that it is the SPC900 model. Part of the reason this is done is because the SPC880 doesn't work on Windows 7/vista etc.

This is why Morgan computers offers a flashing service:

https://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/shop/products2.asp?CategoryID=556

(I bought mine from them already flashed last week)

There is a way for you to do this yourself, but I can't find the thread at the moment

1) You buy an 880

2) You install the 880 drivers

3) Attach the webcam

3) Flash it to a 900, using the software mentioned in this thread

4) You install the 900 drivers

5) You use your new webcam

It is my understanding that steps 2-4 must be done on a Windows XP computer (although Windows XP mode on Windows 7 must be worth a try if you don't have an XP computer available).

Hi,

Copied this text from another thread.

icon1.gifRe: Philips SPC880NC is now....... - 12th September 2010, 07:36 AM

Hi all,

I installed the camera first using the INF file from the Morgans site. The camera is recognised as a Toucam 750K.

I then followed the instructions for flashing a Toucam Pro II 840K to SPC900NC:

Philips SPC900NC uncovered

PLEASE GO CAREFUL AND READ THROUGH ALL INFO ON THE LINK ABOVE. THIS MUST BE DONE USING A WINDOWS XP SYSTEM!

Download WcRmac and the SPC900NC binary file. Install WcRmac and then copy the SPC900NC binary file to C:\Program Files\TWIRG\WcRmac\binary\8116

Start WcRmac, click the webcam tab at the top, choose DS Interface, select the camera in the window and connect. Click the Binaries tab and you should see the SPC900NC binary you copied to the 8116 folder earlier. Click the 'Get current and save as' button to back up the current binary file. Then highlight the new SPC900NC binary and click on the 'Load into cam' button. Close the program once done. Unplug the webcam and install the SPC900NC driver:

SPC900NC/00 Philips Webcam SPC900NC VGA CCD with Pixel Plus - Philips Support

Plug in the cam, windows will find the device and installs. Job done!

But please follow the instructions on the other website as they know what they are doing.

Seems all too complicated

Shaun

Ok your problem is that the SPC880 doesn't work on Windows 7.

People have mentioned flashing to a SPC900 model. This in basic terms is putting new software on the webcam, so that it behaves and thinks that it is the SPC900 model. Part of the reason this is done is because the SPC880 doesn't work on Windows 7/vista etc.

This is why Morgan computers offers a flashing service:

https://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/shop/products2.asp?CategoryID=556

(I bought mine from them already flashed last week)

Hi Causerino,

Does the cam work with vista/7 after flash, not sur if you would have received yours yet?

Shaun

Hi,

Copied this text from another thread.

icon1.gifRe: Philips SPC880NC is now....... - 12th September 2010, 07:36 AM

Hi all,

I installed the camera first using the INF file from the Morgans site. The camera is recognised as a Toucam 750K.

I then followed the instructions for flashing a Toucam Pro II 840K to SPC900NC:

Philips SPC900NC uncovered

PLEASE GO CAREFUL AND READ THROUGH ALL INFO ON THE LINK ABOVE. THIS MUST BE DONE USING A WINDOWS XP SYSTEM!

Download WcRmac and the SPC900NC binary file. Install WcRmac and then copy the SPC900NC binary file to C:\Program Files\TWIRG\WcRmac\binary\8116

Start WcRmac, click the webcam tab at the top, choose DS Interface, select the camera in the window and connect. Click the Binaries tab and you should see the SPC900NC binary you copied to the 8116 folder earlier. Click the 'Get current and save as' button to back up the current binary file. Then highlight the new SPC900NC binary and click on the 'Load into cam' button. Close the program once done. Unplug the webcam and install the SPC900NC driver:

SPC900NC/00 Philips Webcam SPC900NC VGA CCD with Pixel Plus - Philips Support

Plug in the cam, windows will find the device and installs. Job done!

But please follow the instructions on the other website as they know what they are doing.

Seems all too complicated

Shaun

Tried that first. The camera doesn't come up in the list.

Tried that first. The camera doesn't come up in the list.

The key is "Flashing" the link i posted shows the process but some of this had to be carried out using XP, so without XP you may struggle.

I purchased one yesterday already flashed from Morgan extra £3.

Good Luck, Hope it turn out right, If you CAT Boot it post the photo! lol

:icon_eek:

Shaun

• 5 weeks later...
The key is "Flashing" the link i posted shows the process but some of this had to be carried out using XP, so without XP you may struggle.

I purchased one yesterday already flashed from Morgan extra £3.

Good Luck, Hope it turn out right, If you CAT Boot it post the photo! lol

:)

Shaun

Guess ill have to buy another one. Great.

Archived