Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first scope

NickK

Well it arrived at lunchtime! Pity it's raining and cloudy..

Vixen A80MF + Porta mount from FLO, arrived all in one piece :) Here's the mount without the legs extended:

IMG_1680.JPG

The 6mm and 20mm eyepieces - I can see a mid-mag purchase shortly.. There's a 90deg inverter too and an adaptor for a different size.

IMG_1685.JPG

First impression is that it's well made - although the dew shield comes off easier than the end cap!

Oh.. and before anyone says anything I've been looking at getting a scope before Stargazers Live appeared :D I only knew about SL after it appeared on another forum and I watched it through iPlayer - not watched TV for two years now (it gets used for films only).

Thanks - I figured rather than go all out, I'd go with a manual setup. That way I'll learn more about the sky rather than the technology. It's light and seems like it will be very easy to get up and running rather than spend time setting up.

Later when I'm ready I'll go for something bigger and use this as a guide scope and travel scope.

Archived