Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Imaging The Sun

Only if you manage to get an image of the Sun through a pin hole onto a board behind and photogrpah the image on the board. You'll damage your camera (and possibly eyes) doing it directly without proper filters.

I don't think a hole in a CD will be any good at all, I certainly wouldn't recommend it.

As it has been mentioned you can very easily make a pinhole projector out of some card or similar material.

Solar Eclipse: How to View (Page 1 of 2)

That link has 3 different and easy methods to make a simple kit, and you then would image what is projected and not the sun directly with no damage to your eyes or camera.

Although, I have had some nice pictures of sunsets which did not seem to be much of a problem with the sun close to the horizon. I think if you have wide enough FOV and are not zoomed in it may be alright. Don't take my word on it though.

http://stargazerslounge.com/members/pibbles-albums-pib1-picture8246-012.html I would like to think I could get a shot like this but when it's rising tomorrow is possible.

I was told by members here that imaging the sun with your camera lens set on its widest aperture that there will be no damage done. No zoom. You can always crop the image afterwards.

Be careful with this if you are using live view as the aperture stays fully open and the sensor will be exposed.

Archived