Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Fri 14th Oct

OXO

Ok Steve,

The setup was done amazingly quick i have an HEQ5 with the Piggyback bracket on , so i placed the Coolpix 4500 on to that and shot up-to 2Min's exp with the drives running. The mount was roughly pointed north no polar aligning at all or at least in effort anyway. Using the remote cord for the exp's.

Images had a very orange look due to the Light Pollution and Mist but that was easy to process out using the levels in Photoshop.

Camera settings for the first shot were zoom 4x optical,ISO 100(for less noise),F/5 i think,4.1 megapixel mode,auto whitebalance.

James

Hi Steve,

My next move is a DSLR prob the Canon 300D as you maybe able to pick em up quite cheap well cheap for an Dslr hehe Christmas is my goal to have one by.

I would reccomend doing this type of Astrophotography it's esp good if you have two mounts because you can observe whilst taking your Snap's.

Thanks

James

Archived