Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Am I missing some thing ???

spaceboy

Should i laugh at the Wizard of Oz bit!!...lol..:)..

I phoned the bloke at skys the limit this afternoon(alan) he said they now do Planetary II`s from 2.5 up to 25 but he hadnt updated the website...But like you said if you love the 5mm then the 4mm should be the as good....Cloudy where you are tonight spaceboy?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonights terrible, but i have been lucky since getting Scope on Wednesday...Had great views of Jupiter, pleiades, M42 on Wednesday night...Then up at 4.30am yesterday morning to see Venus and Saturn!!..Was amazing, and that was with Rubbish Eyepiece that came with scope....Only problem was it was minus 6, everything was froze solid!!..But worth it.....Cant wait for next clear sky.....:)

I had read that earlier....2 users say the clones are better..(but one says the Planetary HR`S with the blue writing)these are £49...And Sixela keeps popping up saying the Planetary II`s are slightly better...Which ones shall i order!!!!!...:)...lol

Tonights terrible, but i have been lucky since getting Scope on Wednesday...Had great views of Jupiter, pleiades, M42 on Wednesday night...Then up at 4.30am yesterday morning to see Venus and Saturn!!..Was amazing, and that was with Rubbish Eyepiece that came with scope....Only problem was it was minus 6, everything was froze solid!!..But worth it.....Cant wait for next clear sky.....:)

I got out Wednesday but the seeing was poor. It has been my first year for Venus and I must admit it is odd to see when it is in phase as you only tend to think of it only for the moon. The 25mm that came with your scope is considered OK but the 10 is a waste of time. I don't want to offer advice on what to get as I have spent over a K on EP's in the last couple of months but I have 6 years of observing and don't want to give it up any time soon. A beginner may want to stick to a more realistic budget. This often means sacrificing good FOV and pin point stars but once you know it's for you, you can start to upgrade your favorite focal lengths.

Best advice I can give is to take Alan up on his offer.

Which is better a 9mm TMB II eyepiece or a 8mm ED eyepiece or a 8mm TMB Designed one?

Well, to be honest, would you ever get two astronomers to agree? So, here is our solution to the problem.

We have put aside one of each of our eyepieces so that you can buy one of each on your shortlist, try them side by side so that you can decide which is better for you. When you have decided, just return the eyepieces and let us know which you would like and we will replace it with a brand new one - post free. You can keep them for a reasonable period so that you get a clear night to try them - up to 2 weeks. If you need longer then let us know otherwise we will have deemed that you have decided to keep the lot!

You have probably worked out that there could actually be one or two brand new ones in your samples and we will identify which one(s) that is so, if that happens to be the one of your choice you need not return it.

What have you got to lose?

As the permutations of this offer are so variable, as may be the stock available, please email us with your request and we will let you know availability and costs. We will send you a Paypal invoice for the total amount of the eyepieces + shipping. When you have made your decision and returned any eyepieces you will be refunded the total amount less the outward shipping. Eyepieces that are ordered after the trial will be brand new ones and sent post free (overseas included).

The offer is available on any of the Plossl, ED, TMB II, TMB Designed and the Flat Field ranges and is only restricted by the number available to try at any time.

I would have done this but I only intended to have it to see how well the focal length worked then I was going to get a radian. As it turned out I prefer them over my radian. Again this is personal preference.

Thanks for all your advice, much appreciated...Being a complete beginner, any advice you might like to give will be helpful....I dont think there is much between them, so i have nothing to loose on taking the Alan offer...Thanks Spaceboy.....

Mark.

Just make sure your telescope is properly balanced ( avoid tube flexing) collimated and cooled before you try any comparisons. Have a quick look through your 25 before you start to see how the seeing is. If it looks good though a poor EP then you know seeing is good.

Glad to help, but if you get stuck in the future just open a thread with you question and more knowledgeable members can offer their advice.

SPACEBOY

Your all missing the point, I reacon this could be a bargain... If you have missed it, he has stated it comed with 'LOADS OF EP's'.

Now by my maths if there is a 13mm Ethos and a couple of Naglers, and may be a Panoptic... ITS A BARGAIN...

:):):D

Looks like everyone is at it.....sky watcher refractor telescope and lenses on eBay (end time 20-Dec-10 16:00:52 GMT) :) Yeh good luck with that one.

Got to feel sorry for the poor sucker who thinks that will do my son great for Christmas. Granted you might want to drop a little extra on to cover your fees but this guy is almost covering the cost for a new one.

Skywatcher EQ-6 Equitorial (Equatorial) Mount on eBay (end time 23-Dec-10 21:38:55 GMT)

Notice how he hides the business end from view to leave you guessing.

of course you can buy this of the same buyer

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AWR-Tech-GOT-system-skywatcher-EQ-6-/120660183637?pt=UK_Telescopes&hash=item1c17e84a55

I think id go buy a brand new NEQ6 PRO Synscan and have some change.

Archived