Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Crab Nebula.........with a Nikon ;)

SlipperySquid

Hello all,

Had a couple of nights in the back garden and thought I'd give the old Crab Nebula a try.

There's about 2 hours of subs (28 mins of which where taken last night 4x7min) and due to the light polution I didn't really start to get much of the structure coming through. Upping the sub time to 7mins seemed to start to bring out a lot more detail than the 4min subs but it was to cold and I had to retreat indoors :)

The subs where taken with a Nikon D60 attached to my trusty 200p all sat on my Heq5.

Guiding using and Orion Starshoot Guidecam and PHD.

Images stacked in DSS and then processed in CS4.

Any comments readily accepted!

Thanks and clear skies

Matt.

post-17960-133877508746_thumb.jpg

Thanks fellas,

Enjoying doing this one! As the detail is really starting to come through now I'm adding the longer sub's.

Wish I had a nice dark site :) but we can only work with what we have got!

Thought more detail would come through with two hours of subs but I'll just keep topping it up as and when I get the chance!

Noticed the outer edges where a bit green Peter, forgot to mention that i'm using a Baader UHC S filter which may have something to do with it, also using the "Match colour" option in cs4 may have over saturated the image a bit!

Thanks again chaps

Clear skies!

Matt.

Archived