Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astronmomy groups in the Leicester area

cyborg421

I'm a member of Leicester Astro Soc - they meet at the Space Center every other Tuesday evening around 7:00pm. Great for talks from well known astronomers, very friendly bunch, and some infrequent observing sessions at Blaby.

If you're primarily interested in observing then East Mids Stargazers meet at a dark site every clear Saturday night, and other nights on an ad hoc basis. Great bunch of chaps (including myself lol) we've been going 1 year now and just had our first Xmas meal together - great success.

Click the link in my signature for further details - feel free to post an intro thread :D

The Leicester Astro. Soc. is very good ( I'm biased cos I'm Secretary!), why not come and have a look at us without any comitment to join? There is also a group at Melton Mowbray and the one at Derby is not too far away.

old codger

I'm more interested in observing and the Leicester Astro Soc don't appear to observe that often. From where I am the Notts dark site is 50 mins away, which isn't that close.

Does anyone know of any dark sites in South Leicestershire?

Simon

Fair enough Dave, but I think if there was the demand it would be happening already.

Perhaps I should rephrase the question.

Is there anyone in the South Leicester area who fancies getting together and doing some observing?

I have some experience and am quite happy to share what knowledge I have. :D

Simon

hi cyborg421 ime from leicester (eyres monsell) i wouldnt mind getting together and doing some observing i havent got a lot of experience but wouldnt mind picking your brains.where you from in leicester

have you got any idea of any dark sights

looking foreward to meeting you

Archived